Arrival by car
From the airport
- Follow the highway A92 to Munich
- At "Kreuz Neufahrn" follow the highway A9 to Munich
- Follow the signs to "Mittlerer Ring Süd" and "Garmisch-Partenkirchen / Lindau"
- Leave the Mittlerer Ring at the sign "ZOB / Neuhausen / Stadtmitte"
- After about 1km, turn right at the traffic lights into Arnulfstraße
You'll find the GAF building located to your left hand side.
From any other direction
As you approach Munich, join the "Mittlerer Ring" (note that the actual road names change around the Mittlerer Ring). Head for the signs including "ZOB / Neuhausen / Zentrum" (in the western part of Munich). Get on the street "Arnulfstraße" close to the bridge "Donnersberger Brücke", heading out of town.
Download directions: DirectionsGAF-AG_car.pdf
Arrival by train
Leave Munich's center station "Hauptbahnhof" at the north exit ("Starnberger Bahnhof") and enter Arnulfstraße. Follow the signs for the next tram stop. Take either the number 17 or 16 tram (destination "Amalienburgstraße" or "Romanplatz"). Get out at the stop "Briefzentrum" (journey time about 10 minutes).
When coming by S-Bahn, exit the train at either "Donnersbergerbrücke" (all trains stop there) or at "Hirschgarten" (all the trains except S7 stop there).
From the stop Donnersbergerbrücke walk towards the tram station and drive two stations with either tram 17 (destination "Amalienburgstraße") or tram 16 (destination "Romanplatz"). Get out at the stop "Briefzentrum".
From the stop Hirschgarten walk on "Wilhelm-Hale-Straße" towards the Arnulfstraße and take a right turn at the intersection.
For detailed information about public transport please use the MVV or MVG Online-Timetable.
Download directions: DirectionsGAF-AG_train.pdf
Arrival by airplane
At the airport you can either rent a car (only in Terminal A) and follow the instructions for "Arrival by car" on the top of this page, or:
- you may take a taxi, which will take about 40 minutes to reach GAF's office and will cost about €70
- you can take the airport rapid transit train S-Bahn S1 or S8 (a suburban train running every 10 minutes) to the center station "Hauptbahnhof" which will take about 45 minutes. Then follow the instructions for "Arriving by train".
Download directions: DirectionsGAF-AG_plane.pdf