Mining, Oil & Gas
We provide public and industrial clients with service solutions that have progressed dramatically in terms of refinement and capability during the past decade, due to rapid advances in information technology. Our state-of-the-art use of geo-data and our sound understanding of the requirements of mining administrations and the mineral and oil/gas industries form the basis of our activities.
To meet the specific interests of the mining and oil & gas industries, GAF provides geological mapping and GIS solutions, mineral lease and tenement cadastres, environmental mapping and monitoring services, basin and tender block studies, mineral and O&G potential analysis, and mine information systems.
In order to develop the raw materials sector and to attract investors, governments need to provide a sustainable, reliable legal framework and a well-trained and efficient administration. GAF’s expert consultants provide support relating to all the major institutional and technical service elements. The institutional elements involve the definition and establishment of the legal and organisational basis, which includes the provision of mining code advice, as well as the setting up of regulatory frameworks, the establishment or re-organisation of mining and O&G cadastres and the creation of a mining inspectorate that includes HSE and ASM functions. The technical elements build on these and can include the implementation of computerised cadastre solutions, the planning and execution of geological mapping campaigns, the development of mining and geological information systems and the creation of geo-data archives. As further institutional measures we then design and execute mineral sector promotion campaigns and develop and implement know-how transfer and dedicated training programmes.
Independent and comprehensive
As neither GAF nor its wider corporate group are direct stakeholders in the mining and O&G sectors, we are independent and can thus offer unbiased solutions and advice. If required, we can also draw on our complementary expertise in land, marine, coastal and atmospheric mapping and monitoring. We develop innovative products and services based on the synergies achieved by integrating geo-information with advanced satellite communications, as well as location-based and position-tracking solutions. GAF offers a comprehensive portfolio in its capacity as a one-stop-shop for data-products-services-applications-consulting along the complete value adding chain.
- Legal and regulatory consulting
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- Geological mapping /exploration (e.g. geological maps, mineral potential maps, geophysical maps)
- Mining and geological information systems
- Mine-compliance monitoring and mines inspectorate activities
- Establishment of mining cadastres and mine inspectorates
- Topographic mapping, digital elevation models and bathymetry
- Environmental and infrastructure mapping and monitoring
- Geo-data and information, including land use/cover, change detection, land deformation
- GIS software, field mapping software & exploration tools, 3D analysis and visualisation
- Promotion and promotional material
- Know-how transfer, training and conducting of study tours
- Ministries of mines, departments of mining cadastre, departments of mines inspections
- Ministries of oil & gas
- Geological survey agencies
- Mining industry
- Oil & gas industry
- Infrastructure development