DevOps Engineer/ Data Engineer for Development of Satellite Data based Machine Learning / Deep Learning Applications
To support current and upcoming projects in the exciting field of satellite data processing and analysis based on Machine and Deep Learning, we are looking for a
DevOps Engineer / Data Engineer for Development of Satellite Data based Machine / Deep Learning Applications
Our products are used worldwide by public authorities, companies and in science. With the help of our processing methods we provide thematic and statistical information on various spatial reference levels. The processing of large amounts of satellite data using innovative analysis methods in cloud infrastructures has been indispensable for several years and enables e.g. the creation of land cover products in the fields of Agriculture, Forestry, Urban and Environment on a continental to global scale.
- Together with your team members (Data Scientists, AI Experts, Software Developers, DevOps Engineers) you will independently implement tools and support Deployment, Monitoring, and Development of our Software
- Support the team in the transfer of prototypical software solutions for data analysis into applications that can be used in production environment
- Set-up and administer scalable AI tools
- Improve our CI/CD Pipelines
- Evaluate and assess new technologies and assess them in terms of their benefit for the team
- Bring in your own ideas and suggestions for improvement
- Provide the Infrastructure as Code
What we offer:
- A responsible and varied job in an international working environment
- Comprehensive support when you start at GAF, as part of our mentoring programme
- Training and development - your experience and knowledge count
- A respectful, friendly and modern working environment in a team of committed colleagues
- A leadership style based on trust
- Flexible working hours as part of our flexitime policy, to make it easier to combine work and your private life
- Company pension scheme (optional), travel health insurance with worldwide coverage
- Occupational health management
- Excellent public transport connections
- An attractive location in the western part of central Munich, with great opportunities for outdoor activities and recreation, including in the close vicinity
- ... and, last but not least: be your own barista!
Free fair trade organic coffee made in our traditional Italian espresso machine, a real treat!
- Completed degree in computer science or comparable
- Experience with Running ML/AI Applications in Kubernetes with e.g. Kubeflow, Tensorflow Serve
- Profound knowledge on CI/CD with e.g. Open Shift/Rancher/Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc. you support the whole development team
- Good knowledge on databases (preferably Postgresql/PostGIS)
- Experience with workflow management systems (e.g. Apache Airflow, Argo, ...)
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- Good Python programming skills
- An independent and autonomous way of working
- Team-oriented work and good communication skills are an asset
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German is welcome
- Several years of professional experience in software development, ideally with ML/AI and/or image processing background
- Knowledge of other common programming languages (e.g. C#, C++, Java, R)
- Experience with microservice architecture and related technologies (e.g. REST, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Good knowledge of best practices in software development (clean code, software testing etc.)
Start date as soon as possible.
The position is initially for a period of 2 years, with the subsequent option of a permanent contract.
Full-time position, 40 hours per week.
Ms Olivia Deuter
+49 (0)89 121528 0
Are you interested in applying for this position?
Then we look forward to receiving your application. Please send a cover letter, CV and any other useful supporting documents, along with your (gross) salary expectations and your earliest possible availability to start, to recruitinggaf [dot] de.
Please state “DevOps Engineer/ Data Engineer” as the subject.