Geospatial Data Scientists in the Domain of Crop Monitoring
We would like to further expand our extensive portfolio of automated and cloud-based satellite data analysis methods for government and private sector applications in the agricultural sector and are seeking to expand our team with a Geospatial Data Scientists in the Domain of Crop Monitoring.
After your task-based induction period, you will work in an international environment with technically demanding and professionally diverse tasks relating to our multi-layered geographic information solutions. Our team, like our company, is characterised by technological independence, broad expertise, innovation and solidity. You will become part of the team, helping to design and make decisions about new solutions.
- Provision of professional and technical support for our geoinformation solutions in the agricultural sector
- Processing and analysis of Copernicus satellite data (optical & radar)
- Development and implementation of methods for modular process chains for thematic image analysis
- Adaptation of and provision of support for existing modular process chains for automated evaluation procedures
- Requirements analysis, conceptual outlines, process documentation and reporting
What to expect:
- A responsible and varied job in an international working environment
- Comprehensive support when you start at GAF, as part of our mentoring programme
- Training and development - your experience and knowledge count
- A respectful, friendly and modern working environment in a team of committed colleagues
- A leadership style based on trust
- Flexible working hours as part of our flexitime policy, to make it easier to combine work and your private life
- Company pension scheme (optional), travel health insurance with worldwide coverage
- Occupational health management
- Excellent public transport connections
- An attractive location in the western part of central Munich, with great opportunities for outdoor activities and recreation, including in the close vicinity
- ... and, last but not least: be your own barista! Free fair trade organic coffee made in our traditional Italian espresso machine, a real treat!
- University degree in agriculture, environmental sciences, or geoinformatics
- Advanced skills in R or Python, with sound knowledge of data analysis and data visualisation
- Experience in analysing and presenting complex/large data sets from various sources
- Solid theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of satellite image processing, preferably with a thematic focus on the agricultural sector
- C1/C2 level in English, German is of advantage
- You enjoy working in teams, in which you take responsibility for your specific area
- Start date as soon as possible
- Full-time position, 40 hours per week
Ms Ulla Weingart
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0)89 121528 0
Would you like to work with us?
Then we look forward to receiving your application. Please send a motivation letter, CV and any other useful supporting documents, along with your (gross) salary expectations and your earliest possible availability to start, to recruitinggaf [dot] de. Please state „Geospatial Data Scientists in the Domain of Crop Monitoring" as the subject of your e-mail.