Junior Expert (m/f/d) for Image Processing of Remote Sensing Data in Forestry Sector
To support current and future projects in the exciting field of satellite data processing in our Forestry Applications division at our headquarters in Munich we are looking for a Junior Expert (m/f/d) for Image Processing of Remote Sensing Data.
- Application of internal applications and process chains for the processing and analysis of Copernicus data (Sentinel-2 & Senitnel-1) with regard to forestry issues in the national and international context
- Change mapping and derivation of forest parameters using common classification algorithms (e.g. RF, SVM, LightGBM).
- Reference data collection and validation of created products
- Support for pilot projects/feasibility studies and project applications
- Quality assurance of output products
What to expect:
- A mentor from the forestry unit for your safe and quick entry into our company
- A friendly and respectful working atmosphere in a team of committed colleagues
- Diverse and responsible tasks in terms of content
- Flexible working hours as part of our flexitime arrangements
- A modern workplace in the conveniently located west of Munich
- Foreign health insurance, direct insurance
- Local recreation and leisure facilities in close proximity
- Fully equipped kitchen, free coffee/tea, table football and much more…
- A university degree (Bachelor) in forestry, geosciences or environmental sciences
- Practical experience in the field of satellite image processing for forestry issues
- Safe handling of image processing software (e.g. ERDAS Imagine, PCI Geomatica)
- In-depth knowledge of at least one GIS software (e.g. ESRI ArcMap, QuantumGIS, Spring)
- Confident handling of the Microsoft Office palette (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prepare and communicate technical and complex topics for different target groups
- An independent and responsible way of working
- Very good knowledge of German and English
- Strong team and communication skills
- Experience in console-based satellite image processing
- Knowledge of a programming language (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience in handling large amounts satellite data
- Knowledge of another language (French, Spanish)
Engagement from earliest possible date. Position for two years with option for indefinite contract.
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0) 89 121528 - 0
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with an indication of expected yearly gross salary and earliest possible entry date to recruitinggaf [dot] de. Please use the keyword „Junior Expert (m/f/d) Image Processing of Remote Sensing Data Forestry“ in the header of your e-mail.