Junior Experts for GIS and earth observation product generation
For our Land Monitoring department we are looking for several Junior Experts for GIS and earth observation based product generation at our headquarters in Munich. You will support us in land cover and land use monitoring projects of the European Copernicus program, especially in vector data processing and satellite image interpretation.
- Vector data processing
- Thematic and semantic quality control of vector (and raster) data, in particular of land cover/land use products
- Image interpretation from high and very high resolution satellite imagery and derivation of high quality products
- Cooperation and guidance together with international partners and departments
What to expect:
- A personal mentor for your convient and seamless start
- A friendly and respectful working atmosphere in a team of highly committed colleagues
- Diverse and interesting thematic tasks with own fields of responsibility
- Flexible working hours as part of our ﬂexitime arrangements
- An easy to access, modern workplace in the West of Munich
- International health insurance, company pension scheme
- Local recreation and leisure facilities in close proximity
- Fully equipped kitchen, free coffee/tea, table football and much more…
- University degree, or proven experience, in a relevant subject, e.g. Geography, Environmental Sciences, Remote Sensing, …
- Deep knowledge of GIS applications (e.g. ArcGIS)
- Knowledge and practical experience in visual interpretation of satellite image data in terms of land cover/land use
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German is welcome
- Self-motivated, independent, structured and responsible work style in a team-oriented environment
- Perfect colour vision
- Knowledge of the EU Copernicus Earth Observation Program
- Good command of the ArcGIS Model Builder
- Programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience in handling large amounts of data (vector and raster data processing)
- Experience in handling in-situ data (e.g. OSM, national datasets)
- Experience in land use/land cover classification
Start at earliest possible date. Initially one year contract with optional extension.
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0) 89 121528 - 0
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV, along with an indication of expected yearly gross salary and earliest possible starting date to recruitinggaf [dot] de. Please use the keyword „Junior Expert GIS/EO-based product generation“ in the header of your e-mail.