Project Managers - operational, satellite-based Remote Sensing
We would like to strengthen key positions in our business on a long-term basis and are therefore always looking for well-qualified personnel.
The areas of application for satellite-based earth observation and geographic information are becoming more and more diverse, resulting in an increase in the technical, professional and organisational complexity of the projects with which we work. And the need for information based on satellite data is constantly increasing.
We are therefore looking for committed
Project Managers in the field of operational, satellite-based Remote Sensing
for administrative and technical assignments.
Perhaps you are currently looking for a career change, or a change of scenery? Perhaps you would like to expand your current area of professional activity or move into a different or additional thematic focus? - With us, much is possible!
We have deliberately avoided having a narrow thematic focus in this job advertisement. Would you like to put your talents in a meaningful way? Then please let us know in your application what specialist knowledge you have and what topics excite you.
Your areas of work and responsibility:
You will be responsible for conducting extensive project planning and efficient project control, thus ensuring the success of the project. Your areas of responsibility will typically, but not exclusively, include the entire handling of the work packages assigned to you, the assembly and management of project teams, the distribution and coordination of tasks, ensuring compliance with deadlines, budgets and reporting obligations, and ensuring the required quality, etc..
- You provide regular and target audience-relevant information about the current status and progress of projects, thus allowing decision-making bodies and other internal partners to help successfully shape and configure project processes and development.
- As a point of contact for content-related and organisational issues, you are responsible for planning, consulting and training.
- You form an interface between the production and development departments and oversee the implementation of new technical developments.
- By successfully networking internal and external partners, you contribute to achieving productive synergy effects.
- By applying our quality standards, you safeguard internal business processes and contribute to increased customer satisfaction.
Teams and resources:
- You manage project teams as well as their resource planning, and ensure efficient and smooth cooperation based on team development.
- You continuously contribute to ensuring that the project staff have the necessary specialist knowledge and project information to be able to carry out their work.
- As part of your work, you create opportunities for innovation.
Customers and project partners:
- You lead and coordinate teams consisting of international/national consortium partners and represent the interests of GAF in this complex environment.
- As a direct contact person, you have regular discussions and coordinate projects closely with our customers and project partners.
- You represent GAF externally – your duties in this regard include, among other things, presenting the project content to customers in a professional manner and actively establishing and maintaining customer relationships.
Creation of tenders:
- You assist the team with the preparation of tenders, e.g. by analysing the customer requirements and, if necessary, contributing specialist texts.
- You participate in the design and acquisition of new projects / project areas.
What we offer:
- A responsible and varied job in an international working environment
- Comprehensive support when you start at GAF, as part of our mentoring programme
- Training and development - your experience and knowledge count
- A respectful, friendly and modern working environment in a team of committed colleagues
- A leadership style based on trust
- Flexible working hours as part of our flexitime policy, to make it easier to combine work and your private life
- Company pension scheme (optional), travel health insurance with worldwide coverage
- Occupational health management
- Excellent public transport connections
- An attractive location in the western part of central Munich, with great opportunities for outdoor activities and recreation, including in the close vicinity
- ... and, last but not least: be your own barista! Free fair trade organic coffee made in our traditional Italian espresso machine, a real pleasure!
The skills you provide:
- A completed degree in the geoscientific field with a focus on remote sensing and geoinformation, or a comparable qualification
- Good industry knowledge in the field of geoinformation services and relevant professional experience in this sector
- Sound technical and user knowledge that corresponds to the current state of the art regarding satellite image data (optical, radar) processing and for associated fields of application
- Several years of operational project management experience and methodical knowledge proven in practice, as well as, ideally, experience of project and/or product validation
- Knowledge regarding demanding project management assignments in the area of geoinformation; ideally you have already successfully managed complex projects in the operational Earth Observation environment, with budget responsibility, or have supervised sub-projects (individual work packages) in them
- Fluent business German and English language skills and the ability to express yourself clearly verbally and in writing.
Additional foreign language skills (Spanish, French) are advantageous
- Motivation, commitment, reliability and a sense of responsibility as well as a high degree of flexibility
- Distinctive methodological and organisational skills as well as problem-solving skills
- Ability to show initiative and be decisive, as well as teamwork and cooperation skills
- Curiosity and interest in finding out about new topics and developing them further
- The willingness to expand your own specialist knowledge and also to ensure the professional development of team members
- The ability to successfully lead, motivate and retain team members and to be self-reflective in this role
- A good intuition for the potential of your team members, in order to be able to utilise them based on their specific skills
- Clear and appreciative communication and the ability to delegate tasks
- A competent and confident manner
We will discuss the start of your contract and the duration of your employment with you personally. You are welcome to indicate when you could start working for us in your application.
Ms Olivia Deuter
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0) 89 121528 - 0
Are you interested in such a position?
Then we look forward to receiving your application. Please send a cover letter, CV and any useful supporting documents, along with your (gross) salary expectations and your earliest possible availability to start, to recruitinggaf [dot] de.
Please state “Becoming a project manager at GAF AG” as the subject.