Python Backend Developer / Data Engineer for Geo Applications
To support current and upcoming projects in the exciting field of satellite data processing, we are looking for a Python Software Developer with Focus on Backend Solutions for the Area of Geo-data Processing in Cloud Infrastructures at our headquarters in Munich.
Our products are used worldwide by public authorities, companies and in science. With the help of our processing methods we provide thematic and statistical information on various spatial reference levels. The processing of large amounts of satellite data with innovative analysis methods in cloud infrastructures has been indispensable for several years and enables e.g. the creation of products for land cover on a continental scale in the area of the Copernicus program of the EU.
- Together with your team members (Data Scientists, AI Experts, Software Developers, DevOps Engineers) you will independently develop modular software solutions in cloud infrastructures for the derivation of spatial data sets in raster and vector format based on satellite data and represent these to stakeholders such as project managers and customers
- Programming of maintenance-friendly, effective, scalable Python code that is used in various projects
- Deploying code in different cloud environments and monitor and tune the application for best performance
- Supporting the team in the transfer of prototypical software solutions for data analysis into applications that can be used in production environment
- Setting-up and administer scalable AI tools
- Evaluating and assessing new technologies and assess them in terms of their benefit for the team
- Bringing in your own ideas and suggestions for improvement
What to expect:
- A job in one of Europe’s leading geo-service companies
- Variety instead of everyday routine in exciting geoinformation projects
- A friendly and respectful working atmosphere in an international, interdisciplinary and young team
- Working cross-functional with other teams according to agile principles
- Comprehensive support for your start at GAF (mentoring programme, German language courses)
- Learning and development – your experience and knowledge count
- Optional corporate pension, travel health insurance world wide
- Operational health management
- Great location in Munich or Neustrelitz with fabulous opportunities for outdoor activities
- Perfect connection to public transport
- And last but not least: Free coffee from our artisanal italian espresso machine (be your own barista)!
- Completed degree in computer science, geoinformatics or comparable
- Several years of professional experience in software development, ideally with geoinformation and/or image processing background
- Good knowledge of best practices in software development (clean code, software testing etc.)
- Profound knowledge on CI/CD with e.g. Open Shift/Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc. you support the whole development team
- Very good Python programming skills and good knowledge on databases (preferably Postgresql/PostGIS)
- Experience with microservice architecture and related technologies (e.g. REST, RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- An independent and autonomous way of working (agile principles)
- Team-oriented work and good communication skills are an asset
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of German is welcome
- Experience with workflow management systems (e.g. Apache Airflow, Argo, ...)
Engagement from earliest possible date.
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0) 89 121528 - 0
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with an indication of your salary expectations (gross) as well as your earliest entry date to recruitinggaf [dot] de. Please use the keyword "Python Backend Developer" in the header of your e-mail.