Remote Sensing / GIS Expert with focus on operational production management in the domain of disaster response
To strengthen our Service-on-Demand Team mainly in the field of operational crisis response and generation of customized products, we are looking for a motivated Remote Sensing / GIS Expert with focus on operational production management in the domain of disaster response.
- Periodically stand-by availability in 3-shift 24/7 and 12/7 modes
- Organization and coordination of operational emergency response production team
- Satellite image and vector data processing using IP/GIS COTS and in-house software packages
- Quality assurance of workflows and output products
- Documentation of workflows and tools
- Training of production team
What to expect:
- A job in one of Europe’s leading geo-service companies
- Variety instead of everyday routine in exciting geoinformation projects
- A friendly and respectful working atmosphere in an international, interdisciplinary and young team
- Working cross-functional with other teams according to agile principles
- Comprehensive support for your start at GAF (mentoring programme, German language courses)
- Learning and development – your experience and knowledge count
- Optional corporate pension, travel health insurance world wide
- Operational health management
- Great location in Munich or Neustrelitz with fabulous opportunities for outdoor activities
- Perfect connection to public transport
- And last but not least: Free coffee from our artisanal italian espresso machine (be your own barista)!
- University degree in geo-informatics, geography, surveying or similar, with a focus on remote sensing and GIS, and one of the following disciplines: disaster risk reduction, assessment, mapping, monitoring, surveillance
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in satellite image processing and interpretation, vector data processing and management, and communication with international customers
- Very good knowledge of basics of remote sensing and the thematic analysis of satellite imagery
- Very good knowledge in GIS data base management and processing
- Willingness and motivation to work in working shift system, and on weekends and bank holidays
- Strong team spirit and the ability to communicate, both internally and externally, and work within a complex project environment
- Reliability and engagement to work under operational time-critical and multi-tasking conditions
- Very good spoken and written English skills and good German skills
- Practical experience in dealing with remote sensing data (optical and SAR data) and the processing of GIS data
- Practical experience in image interpretation, disaster analysis and mapping based on satellite imagery
- Independent and results-oriented approach to work
- Knowledge about OpenSource software and source, such as QGIS, SNAP, OSM
- Practical experience with the Python is an advantage
Start at earliest possible date. Initially two-year contract with optional extension.
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0) 89 121528 - 0
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including your CV with an indication of your salary expectations (gross) and your earliest entry date to recruitinggaf [dot] de. Please use the keyword “Service on Demand” in the header of your Email.