Senior Project Manager / Business Developer (f/m) full-time
This is an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager looking to further his/her technically specific career in an international active company.
GAF AG seeks a Project Manager to support our projects related to geo-spatial forest, land use and natural resources monitoring; there is a special focus on climate change, forest monitoring and REDD+ projects in developing countries.
The successful Candidate will be responsible to both support proposal management activities and/or project acquisition in these domains and implement/co-ordinate projects once acquired. Thus it is critical that the Candidate has experience in project co-ordination and implementation of multi-scale international projects with large Consortia and budgets of over Euro 2 million. Excellent report writing skills, presentation of technical results to clients, and excellent communication with counterparts in developing countries is also sought. He/she has experience with communicating and co-ordinating activities with international Partners and Experts and will interact with multi-disciplinary teams. GAF’s open minded organisation offers sufficient scope for demonstrating own initiative and responsibility.
Required Technical skills:
- Educational background: minimum M.Sc. in geography, ecology, forestry or similar
- Background in remote sensing/GIS, image processing / land use/land cover classification and mapping linked to national/regional and international policies
- Minimum 10-15 years relevant working experience
- Outstanding reporting and communication skills
- Autonomous and self-responsible working as well as team working skills
Required Senior Management experience with the following aspects:
- Managerial experience with an ability to proactively manage individual strengths and weaknesses (including one’s own) and understand how these influence the team’s performance
- Demonstrated experience and achievements in organizational, financial and personnel management for large volume/complex projects
- Demonstrated experience with the workings of Multi-Lateral Development Banks (such as World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank, KfW and GIZ etc)
- Proven experience in maintaining and nurturing expert networks with demonstrated ability to handle politically and culturally sensitive issues
Professional competencies, characterized by:
- Good understanding of world affairs and experience with Multilateral Environmental Agreements, the United Nations Framework Convention for Climate Change (UNFCCC) and governmental and non-governmental institutions
- Evidence of implementing technical projects internationally in the application of remote sensing/GIS for natural resources management
- Ready to travel frequently
- Excellent command of English and French
- Demonstrated report writing experience and skills (English, French) required
Position for two years with option for indefinite contract.
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0) 89-121528-0
If you are interested in any of these career opportunities, please send your full CV in English along with an indication of expected yearly salary and your earliest entry date to recruitinggaf [dot] de.
Please use the keyword “Senior Project Manager”.