For its headquarters in Munich GAF AG is looking for people who are passionate about Earth Observation and want to make an impact with the huge data streams we collect from satellites. This is an opportunity for a Statistician/Data Scientist to strengthen our interdisciplinary teams, in the field of agriculture but also in further disciplines, in order to support ongoing and future projects.
- Cross-sectoral statistical support and product quality assessment
- Plan, conduct and supervise statistical analysis and modelling projects
- Development and application of area-frame sampling techniques for agricultural/environmental statistics
- Contribution to the product developments with special focus on agriculture
- Conceptualisation of statistical frameworks, proposal preparation and reporting
- International institutional strengthening and training
What to expect:
- A job in one of Europe’s leading geo-service companies
- Diverse and responsible tasks in the exciting environment of Earth Observation
- A friendly and respectful working atmosphere in an international, interdisciplinary and young team of highly committed specialists
- Working cross-functional with other teams according to agile principles
- A personal mentor for your convient and seamless start
- An easy to access, modern workplace close to the city centre
- Flexible working hours as part of our flexitime arrangements
- International health insurance, company pension scheme
- Fully equipped kitchen, free coffee/tea, table football and much more...
- University degree (MSc) in statistics or a relevant subject
- Hands on experience in data analytics and statistical standard software suites (especially with STATA, SPSS and R)
- Experience in development of sampling designs for large surveys (household, agriculture, business surveys and etc.)
- Experience in data analysis (especially in spatial and multivariate data analysis)
- Experience in development of statistical forecasting models
- Working experience in applied statistics is an advantage
- Excellent verbal, written and technical communication skills
- Self-motivated, independent and responsible work style in a team-oriented environment
- Resilience, humour and the ability to keep an overview in labour-intensive phases
- Ready to travel
- Fluent in English
- Experience in GIS and Remote Sensing applications
- Knowledge in another (foreign) language such as Spanish, French and/or German
- Working experience with agricultural/environmental datasets
- Knowledge of UN Sustainable Development Goal Indicators
- Experience with collaborative projects (international donors)
From earliest possible date.
recruitinggaf [dot] de
+49 (0) 89 121528 - 0
Would you like to work with us?
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please send your meaningful application including CV along with an indication of your salary expectations (gross) and earliest possible entry date to recruitinggaf [dot] de. Please use the keyword „Statistician/Data Scientist“ in the header of your e-mail.