AgroView® a WebGIS platform for crop health monitoring using Earth Observation data
Managing weather risks through agricultural insurance is essential to strengthen the agricultural sector and increase climate resilience. AgroView® is a capable web GIS app designed specifically for the insurance sector, and provides insights on cultivated areas through timely and accurate geospatial data. Developed together with our partners Munich RE and Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), it works as an end-to-end geospatial information solution for the crop insurance value chain.
The AgroView® products suite offers EO derived information and weather data on vegetation condition, crop health, soil moisture, drought, precipitation anomalies and cumulative rainfall for risk assessment. Yield data from a dynamic crop modelling system, developed together with PIK, completes the data products at your hands.
- Precise, timely, reliable and cost-efficient
- Crop health monitoring
- Yield estimation for major crops
- Risk assessment for informed underwriting
- Rain deficits, droughts and floods
- Recent and historic loss events
- Various spatial scales from local to regional
- Spatio-temporal analytics
- Identification of loss event hot spots
- Automated regional and portfolio reporting